Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Resolutions for Kangeiko and 2015

These are my intentions for kangeiko (Jan. 1 to 10):

  1. Train every class with the exception of the 6:30 am classes during this kangeiko. 
  2. Whole30 diet (strict paleo, no junk food or carbs, no legumes, no sugar) for the month of January. 
  3. No cigarettes! This went from one a day to... let's just say an increasingly bad habit over the past year. 
  4. I am continuing with daily morning yoga practice. 


In 2015, my resolutions include: 

  1. I have noticed that on occasion, I correct someone (though never a senior student), even if someone asks what to do. Instead, if anyone is lost with a technique, I will ask them to watch a senior student, or ask them to personally ask Sensei for help. To correct someone in class is inappropriate. I resolve to concentrate only on the technique I am doing when I am nage, and only on my ukemi when I am uke. To try to instruct, even though it is intended as helping, is disrespectful to both Sensei and the person you are training with, and you might be wrong! The solution to being lost in class is to carefully observe, and practice, practice, practice. 
  2. I resolve to continue to work on becoming more responsive with my ukemi (although this was also my resolution last year, and will probably be my resolution every year). 
  3. I resolve to improve my etiquette this year. This also means that I will attempt to be more observant of details. 
  4. I will go to Japan in June for a seminar in Kyoto. This will be my first trip to Japan, and I will also visit Hombu Dojo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment