Thursday, October 30, 2014

Tsuki Ikkyo

Like Amanda, I also searched for tsuki ikkyo videos, and had a hard time finding videos that I really liked.  I liked the Tissier one she posted, but came up with this one as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQm2SrJ38XE (just the first person, not once they switch roles).  They still seem to have some of the issue that I saw with most of the videos I encountered, that nage seems to be doing the technique primarily with their arms, rather than using the hips and focusing on maintaining good positioning.  This especially seems to be the case when the technique is being performed quickly or in sudden, jerky movements.  This video seems to be at a steadier pace, with uke providing constant force feedback instead of losing the connection and only moving when nage forces them into an uncomfortable position.  I'd appreciate it if more people posted videos showing the technique done as slowly and deliberately as possible, with constant connection between uke and nage.

No comments:

Post a Comment